Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Progress!

Today's weigh-in was a pleasant surprise. I did pretty well this last week, but not spectacular. All the same, I lost 2.6 pounds, bringing my total so far to 23.4 pounds. Just 1.6 away from that next big milestone! It feels really good.

 One of the things I've been doing that is good for me, both in terms of weight loss and personal space, is getting rid of clothes that don't fit or I otherwise just don't wear. There was a massive pile I donated a couple of weeks ago, and now my plan is to wear everything in my closet. If I don't like it or it doesn't fit/look quite right, it gets added to the new donation pile. And the best part was from today- I went through all of my dresses. I still have dresses from high school- prom, winter formal, etc. And while I have worn them on a few occasions, I took an idea from a smart colleague of mine and am bringing them to school to donate to girls who need a dress for prom. Plus it made lots more room in my closet (I'm talking 9 dresses in total that I'm donating!). And girls who don't have money to buy a dress usually have a harder time finding one to borrow that is their size. Problem solved!!!

One other really neat thing I learned today is that WW is hosting a 5K all over the country! Our branch is going to have one in Drain in May. It even came with a walking plan and a jogging plan to get you prepped for the 5K (which is 6 weeks from now). I did day one of the jogging plan today. I am really excited about it. My goal is to jog the whole thing, which would be a huge accomplishment for me. I can run/walk it no problem, but this is a great opportunity to set a specific fitness goal in a reasonable amount of time. The jogging plan is for 4 days per week with variation on how long you run for and walk for, alternating. You always start and end with 5 minutes of walking. Today's task was run one minute then walk one minute, doing this cycle ten times. So all together it was 30 minutes on the treadmill, which is also a big deal for me! I can do that on the elliptical no problem, but I've always had a harder time/mental block when it comes to running. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment