Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Longest Mile...so far.

Endomondo Running Workout: "was out running 3.11 miles in 40m:43s using Endomondo."

This was Friday's run, but I didn't have time to post before going off adventuring for the weekend. Friday was the most physically demanding run yet...it was run 8 minutes, walk 2, and do that 3 times. It was also the day after I gave blood, so I'm thinking that contributed to the run being harder. Tomorrow's, however, is going to be even more challenging- run 10 minutes, walk 2, do that 3 times. This program starts out nice and slow and then cranks it up, that's for sure. I have noticed that my pace is getting slower, but that also makes sense because I'm running for longer. I'm not focused on speed right now, only stamina to run as long as I can. On the plus side...it used to be that I would think "run 5 minutes? That's really hard!" and now I'm thinking "run 5 minutes? That would be pretty easy!" That tells me this program is working :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment